Tuesday, November 13, 2012

20 Pie Crusts!

Hey guys,
  I found this recipe for how to make 20 pie crusts for your freezer, I made them about 2-3 months ago and they have been a huge time/ money saver! I thought with Thanksgiving around the corner and all of those yummy pies, this would be a good time to send it out.
The Recipe:
3 lb can Crisco vegetable shortening (I use Butter-Flavored Crisco)

5 lb all-purpose flour 
3 cups ice water
2 Tbsp. salt

Mix in a very large bowl or pan (I use my Bosch with the dough hook).
Blend flour, salt, and Crisco together (by hand if necessary).
Add ice water and mix all together just until blended.
Form into patties weighing approx. 7.6 oz. each (if you have a scale and want to get 20 out of the recipe). 

Makes about 18 to 20.

Here is the link for step by step instructions,


Also just a tip but if you are going to use the Crisco, SAMs club is the place to buy it as it costs about 3$ making each pie crust cost about .20 cents. If you are not a fan of shortening I feel pretty certain you can just sub out room temperature butter. Although this will make it considerably more expensive. Hope you enjoy!
Joani


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sisters in Christ

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved