Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Abiding in Christ- Amy Hendrickson

What does "Abide" mean?
     -sit, dwell, establish, lodge, remain, stay with, last, be one with.

From the Word:

John 15:4- "Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

John 15:7- "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."

John 15:6- "If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned."

John 15:10- "If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love."

John 15:9- "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love."

1 John 2:24- "As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father."

1 John 3:17- "If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?"

2 John 1:9- "Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son."

Practical:

Abiding in Christ is how we stay with Him, remain with Him, live with Him, stay as one with Him.  It is intimacy with our Maker and Savior that produces the fruits of the Spirit in our lives.  These are a few practical ideas on how to abide in Him.

-music, chatachisms to music, open Bible on the counter with the habit of regularly chewing on scripture, sandwiching our day with prayer (first thing, maybe every time you do dishes or fold laundry, little reminder triggers, and before you go to bed.

*Bring your kids into it!  They will know what it is to abide when they see you do it and when they get to practice it.

Devotionals:

"When Motherhood Feels Too Hard"- Kelly Crawford
"Morning and Evening"- Charles Spurgeon
"My Utmost For His Highest"- Oswald Chambers



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sisters in Christ

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved